In the coming weeks, events are taking place all across the world to commemorate the life of George Harrison and celebrate his 70th birthday. See below to find a celebration near you, and if you are aware of additional events taking place please mention them in the comments!
Photograph by Brian Roylance © Genesis Publications
Birthday Exhibition For George – February 25-March 7
– Liverpool Academy of Arts, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
The Liverpool Academy of Arts will be host a 2 exhibit with works on display illustrating the life and work of George Harrison. No matter where you live in the world, you can participate by sending in your own birthday card for George. Follow the links below for more information and to view cards from other fans.
George Harrison’s 70th Birthday Celebration – Monday, February 25
– Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood, CA
A public gathering to celebrate the 70th birthday of George Harrison will take place on Monday, February 25 at George’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star in front of the Capitol Records tower building in Hollywood.
HARRIFEST 2013 – Saturday, February 16th
– Seaport Inn & Marina, Fairhaven, MA
HARRIFEST 2013 celebrates the 10 year anniversary of the Tribute to George Harrison. HARRIFEST 2013 is a festival of peace and love filled with music from the Beatles and George Harrison. The event includes performances of over 10 of the best Beatle cover and tribute bands, custom Beatles artwork and rare memorabilia available for purchase. This is a fun fundraiser and is a great family event, suitable for older children and adults of all ages.
George Harrison Fest 70th Birthday Celebration – Wednesday, February 20th
– Le Poison Rouge, New York, NY
New York City venue Le Poison Rouge will host a celebration featuring performances from Alan Merrill Trio, Sean Yox & The Streamers, Kath Buckell, Nenad Bach Band, and Durians.
George Harrison Tribute with Maya Love – Saturday, February 23rd
– Cozmic, Eugene, OR
An event at Cozmic in Eugene, OR will feature performances from Maya Love, Bindaas, All Things George Choir, and Love Truffle.
Info: Website | Facebook Event
* The listing of the events above is for information only, and does not imply any endorsement, approval, authorisation or checking-out of the same by the Harrison family or George’s Estate, or any representation as to the nature or content of the events or any products which may be available there. Such is entirely the responsibility of those organising the events, and attendees must direct any issues to those organizers.